Valentine Garland Candle
A Simple Idea That Can Be Adapted for All Occassions
Valentine Wreath Candle
These garland candles are easy to do and make wonderful gifts.
Make these for Valentine's Day or adapt the idea for other holidays and special occasions.
Valentine Garland Pillar Candle Supplies
- 1 pillar candle - example is 3 ½ inches wide by 4 inches tall
- Small glass beads in red and pink
- 22-gauge copper wire
- ¼-inch circumference dowel or paintbrush
- Decorative cardstock in pink, rose and red
- Heart patterns in different sizes ranging from ½ inch to 1 inch across and varying depths
- Heart stickers
- Scrap pieces of cardstock in white or light colors
- Colored pens
- Small rhinestones in pink, silver or purple
- 2 or 3 strands of embroidery thread in deep purple and bright pink
- Elmer's Glue-All
- Large sewing needle or hat pin
Valentine Wreath Candle Materials
How to Make the Valentine Garland Candle
Measure around the candle.
Cut enough copper wire to go around twice. Set aside.
Using the heart patterns cut out several different heart sizes and colors from the cardstock.
Decorate each heart by:
- Using colored pens;
- Placing a small amount of glue on the back and lightly wrapping a strand of embroidery thread around the heart for added interest and texture (Make sure the ends are secured by the glue.);
- Gluing on small rhinestones for some sparkle; and/or
- Leaving some of the hearts just plain cardstock.
Valentine Wreath Candle Materials Pre-Assembly
[ Fancy heart stickers can also be used by placing the desired hearts on white cardstock and then cutting them out. There are so many pretty ones on the market.
They offer an easy shortcut and for making some or all of the hearts. Aim to make all the hearts different. Then decorate the stickers as above or leave as is. ]
After the glue has dried on the decorated hearts, poke a small hole on both side of each heart.
Lay the hearts out on your work surface in the order that you want them to be strung on the wire. And set out the beads you will be using.
String the first heart on the wire by going in one hole from the top to the back and then back up through the other hole to the front. Leave about 1 ½ inch of wire for closing later.
At the other end of the wire string on 1 to 3 beads.
Then string on another heart in the same manner as before and more beads.
About every two or three hearts make a coil in the wire using the small dowel or paintbrush.
You can also bend the wire in a zig zag effect so it isn't just straight around the candle.
Loosely hold the wreath around the candle to see just how much more needs to be added to have it go all the way around. When you come to the end and have a look you like, bend the two ends together keeping it snug around the candle and make a coil out of the two ends.
Completed Valentine Wreath Candle
Here are more Valentine Crafts.